the BābAnd likewise, I didn't expect you to have any other point...

1. 27,677 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    the Bāb
    And likewise, I didn't expect you to have any other point of view than this one.
    touché

As for changing ones mind, I've been an atheist, or agnostic for most of my life, even now I could never give myself over to any religion or it's beliefs without a healthy degree of doubt.
    You appear to have dealt with doubt that you may have held about the Bāb and the Bahai Faith going on how frequently you bring it up. You may not give yourself over to the Bahai Faith but you appear to be a strong advocate for the faith on this forum.

I don't follow any one religious belief or reject anyone - call me a fence sitter as some have done, but I would rather be an honest fence sitter than a dishonest religious follower. The term that I use for my position is atheist which may not fit the generally accepted definition of atheist.

As for Jesus and OT prophecy, there are specific prophecies, they're clearly defined, Jesus did not fulfil them in any way. This has nothing to do with my belief or Christian belief. If Christians think Christ fulfilled those prophecies then they are employing a suspension of disbelief.
    Christians should be grateful for your wisdom Waffle because they mistakenly believe that Christ fulfilled OT prophecies and should dismantle Christianity which is based on the fulfillment of these prophecies.

---

Many Muslims are adiment that Muhammad is mentioned in scripture. Examples are:
    Gird Your Sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One,
    With Your glory and Your majesty.
    And in Your majesty ride prosperously because of truth, humility, and righteousness;
    And Your right hand shall teach You awesome things.
    Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the King's enemies;
    The peoples fall under You.

These Muslims believe that these verses refer to Muhammad.

And he saw a chariot with a pair of horsemen,
    A chariot of donkeys, and a chariot of camels.

Some Muslims believe that the donkeys are reference to Christ and the camels to Muhammad.
    These a a lot more examples.

Now sure this may all be BS, or it might be attributed to something else, but what it does not do is identify anything that has happened in Christianity for the last 2000 years and it's not going to identify anything in Christianity going forward because all Biblical prophecy ended in the mid 1800s.
    Where did you get that from?
    The mid 1800s spawned a lot of new religious - do you follow any of them and why?

Anybody can snipe at others who are expressing an opinion, so do you have one?
    Yes, anbody can snipe but few are as good at it as you are.
    Do I have an opinion - yes I do which I constantly express on this forum, but ignore it because I know next to to nothing which is the reason that I sit on the fence as an atheist.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.