As for the Baha'i Faith, I've made no secret that I think if any...

1. 6,663 Posts.
    As for the Baha'i Faith, I've made no secret that I think if any of this religious business is true then the Baha'i Faith is as true as any of it. If you look at the many prophecies in the Bible, both OT and NT then they point to Persia, mid 1800s, two Prophets, 40 years of imprisonment and revelation.

That said I also make the claim that indigenous religions are just as true as the Baha'i Faith.

I have no problem with you being whatever you wish to describe yourself as, my point being that on a religious forum, regardless of one's religiosity, if one has a bit of a punt at trying to decipher prophecy or the abstruse, abstract Book of Revelation then I think that's where the debate should be. If you say, I don't believe any of it, well that's it, debate over. When engaging with a Christian there are walls that can never be breached, and those walls reject all other religions, and those religion's point of view. That's what I was pushing back at.

I do think there is something real in religion and I think all religions are a part of that one reality, whatever that is.

How did Christ fulfil OT prophecy, you've read the book, there's nothing to debate here. Sure there are prophecies in the OT regarding Christ, Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God, a Manifestation of God, Christians are right to exalt and pay heed to this divine being. That does not then mean that every prophecy in the OT is about Christ, the majority are not about Christ, they refer to the Second Coming. The internet will provide you with everything you need to reach your own conclusion.

As for Muhammad, I will send you another post.

As for the mid 1800 business, it comes from the Prophecies of Daniel. Look up William Miller and his prognostications about the return of Christ. There are no Prophecies that suggest that Christ will return that project beyond the mid 1800s.

I Follow all true religions with interest, including Christianity. I'm particularly fond of the Tao Te Ching even though I'm not sure it's a religious work and it depends on the quality of the translation.

And yes you finished you post true to form.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.