jesus could not have existed, page-389

1. 24,292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Igilug,

"Director,

I think your mind is tangled and tied because you live by the scriptures and when you go to mass ( don't know if you do, you should if you are a firm believer ) and hear repetitive mass sermons, the mind is inflicted with fear."

OK, firstly please explain how 'living by the scriptures' results in a 'tangled mind'?

Secondly, no I have never been to mass, please explain to me how that is a requirement of being a believer as you claim.

"Fear is an emotion that blocks part of the creative imagination and does not allow for much further room for expansion."

So then please explain what it is that I am fearful of and how it is blocking my expansion? Fear of being decieved and led astray is the only thing that comes to mind.

"When the Sacred Scriptures are read in the Church, God himself speaks to his people, and Christ, present in his own word, proclaims the Gospel."

Unless those scriptures are being manipulated for the speakers own purposes, willingly or not. It's up to us to weigh all that up, Church is not meant to be like TV.

"Therefore, all must listen with reverence to the readings from God's word, for they make up an element of greatest importance in the Liturgy. Although in the readings from Sacred Scripture God's word is addressed to all people of every era and is understandable to them, nevertheless, a fuller understanding and a greater effectiveness of the word is fostered by a living commentary on the word, that is, the Homily, as part of the liturgical action."

That's your opinion. It may be the case but it also may not be the case.

"So God himself speaks to his people? How does he do that?
    And Christ present in his own word? What does that mean?
    Proclaims the gospel? So with the above a premise is created, yes or no?"

What premise? That when someone reads the Bible that is God speaking to his people? OK we'll take that as YOUR premise and see where it goes.

"I'd say yes, that premise, needs to be analysed and questioned otherwise one will accept without application, and that will cause a conditioning right there in front of your tired eyes."

OK, sure.

"Then it continues, therefore, all must listen ( must? ) why must, "

IF your premise is correct.

"..why should anyone place complete trust on anything, it doesn't make any sense."

Because some things and people are trustworthy, not many mind you , but some.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

"God in reality wouldn't mind if a doubt was placed,"

Sure.

"why should he think his followers are silly, any one could come along and say " I am the God " and there are many Gods, it appears to me that the author is selling an idea and marketing it with conditions apply."

OK, again, it's up to the listener to figure it out.

"With reference to the readings from Gods words? Gods words, says who? How can anyone believe without reasoning and doubting because only through reason and doubt can one find a possible truth."

So when I've reasoned and doubted and found answers to those doubts and concluded that the Bible is what it claims to be (even though our understanding of it is fairly limited) then I have possibly found that truth and can apply it with confidence. OK?

"Director, lets talk about your masses and the effect of conditioning on the human mind."

NO. Lets talk about all the issues you have raised and claims you have already made in this thread and avoided when challenged on. OK there's too many to remember in this thread so lets start by answering the questions I have you in this post. :)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.