jesus loves you, page-845

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    The quote from Buddha below shows again why you have no idea (apart from how to repudiate Xians).

If you and those you quote had actually realised the Buddhist path, they would clearly understand Buddhism is exclusively a cure for suffering (and thus is not philosophy).

But because they are blind intellectuals, they believe Buddhism is a philosophy of mind.

Buddha said, taking a few leaves in his hand:

"What do you think, monks? Which are the more numerous, the few leaves I have here in my hand, or those up in the trees of the grove?"

"Lord, the Blessed One is holding only a few leaves: those up in the trees are far more numerous."

"In the same way, monks, there are many more things that I have found out, but not revealed to you. What I have revealed to you is only a little. And why, monks, have I not revealed it?

"Because, monks, it is not related to the goal, it is not fundamental to the holy life, does not conduce to disenchantment, dispassion, cessation, tranquillity, higher knowledge, enlightenment or Nirvana. That is why I have not revealed it. And what, monks, have I revealed?

"What I have revealed is: 'This is Suffering, this is the Arising of Suffering, this is the Cessation of Suffering, and this is the Path that leads to the Cessation of Suffering.' And why, monks, have I revealed it?

"Because this is related to the goal, fundamental to the holy life, conduces to disenchantment, dispassion, cessation, tranquillity, higher knowledge, enlightenment and Nibbaana, therefore I have revealed it.

"Therefore, monks, your task is to learn: 'This is Suffering, this is the Arising of Suffering, this is the Cessation of Suffering, this is the Path that leads to the Cessation of Suffering.' That is your task."

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn56/sn56.031.wlsh.html
    Last edited by ddzx: 30/01/15
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.