Here's my list thus far: God's Word says: Romans 6:23 NIV 23 For...

1. 1,285 Posts.

Here's my list thus far:

God's Word says:
    Romans 6:23 NIV
    23 For the wages of sin is death

The Churches tell us:
    The wages of sin is burning in hell fire for eternity.

God's Word says:
    1 Timothy 2:3-4 MKJV
    For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who WILL have ALL MEN TO BE SAVED and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The Churches tell us:
    God only desires, wishes and hopes that ALL men will be saved.

God's Word says:
    1 Timothy 4:10 ESV
    For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, ESPECIALLY of those who believe.

The Churches tell us:
    God is the Savior of believers ONLY.

God's Word says:
    Romans 8:37-39 ESV
    37 in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
    38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
    39 nor height nor depth,NOR ANYTHING ELSE in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Churches tell us:
    Man's all powerful free will can separate you from the love of God for the rest of eternity.

God's Word says:
    Ephesians 1:11 nrs
    11 In Christ we have also obtained an inheritance, having been destined according to the PURPOSE OF HIM who accomplishes ALL things according to HIS COUNSEL AND WILL

The Churches tell us:
    God accomplishes all things according to his counsel and will EXCEPT when it interferes with MAN'S free will

God's Word says:
    Proverbs 22:6 MKJV
    Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

The Churches tell us:
    Most of God's children will depart from His ways, never to return.

God's Word says:
    Matthew 5:44 MKJV
    But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you

The Churches tell us:
    God sets an example for us on how we are to love our enemies: torture them endlessly in fire with no hope of escape or some tell us He will just kill them off.

God's Word says:
    Job 42:2 NASB
    I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted

The Churches tell us:
    Man's all-powerful free will can thwart God's purpose.

God's Word says:
    John 15:16 NIV
    16 You did not choose me, but I CHOSE YOU

The Churches tell us:
    You must choose Christ.

God's Word says:
    Philippians 2:13 MKJV
    13 For it is GOD who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

The Churches tell us:
    It is NOTHING that works in you both to will and to do because you have a free will that is not caused by anything, including God.

God's Word says:
    Jeremiah 32:27 NIV
    27 "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

The Churches tell us:
    There is one thing that is too hard for God: the salvation of ALL mankind.

God's Word says:
    Isaiah 45:7 KJV
    7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The Churches tell us:
    God is NOT the creator of evil.

God's Word says:
    1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and
    through whom we live.

The church tells us:
    God is a Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
    _____________________________________________________________________________

God's Word says:
    Ecc 3:20 All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust.

The church tells us:
    When you die if you have confessed to believe in the Lord, then you go to be with the Lord for ever and ever

God's Word says:
    John 17:15 (and 20)--"I pray not that thou shouldest take them (referring to the disciples) out of the world, but that thou (father God) shouldest keep them from the evil one" and "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word (referring to all future believers)."

The Church says:

All believers will be "raptured" before the "great seven-year tribulation" or "after it" (it is amazing that the Church can teach the rapture when it is so clear it isn't going to happen because Christ said it wouldn't!)

And another one:

God's Word says:

Matthew 4:4--"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

The Church says:

Obey church elders, pastors, and leaders...and not just the word of God (Hagee, for one, has said this, but I am sure most churches follow this rule...I know church board's do by personal experience!)
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.