jesus loves you, page-858

1. 27,417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    RM,
    I am not a theologian, but only call it as I see it from what I read (I suspect this applies to theologians as well).

The way that I see is that an interpretation of "the plan" and a God with boundless love is only reconciled by a universal salvation view.

Universal salvation is in my view totally consistent with a holy God with a requirement for justice in the biblical sense because his holiness shows through in wanting everybody saved and his justice shows through in demanding a sacrifice. Personally I don't go along with this but I'm talking about how I see scripture not what I see as being in the wrongs and rights of scripture.

If this where not so we could not say that God is love.
    We would have to say that God only loves to those who toe the line irrespective of the supposed God given freedom of choice; this could hardly be called freedom of choice if the consequences of making the wrong choice are dire for eternity as opposed to making the right choice.

As for the major denominations I didn't think it goes without saying that they are necessary correct; I think that their motives have to be examined.

As far as the belief in universal salvation being the belief of a minority I can say that the minority are not always wrong.

As always it's a personal choice and I can't say for definite that your interpretation is wrong.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.