jesus loves you, page-982

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    Not at all equivocating. You were previously smashed in this discussion about your errors about the role of "mind".

Buddha taught there were 4 kinds of faith, as I quoted, which are factors in involved in Buddhist liberation.

Whilst mere supporting factors (rather than the predominant means), faith/trust still has an indispensable role to play.

It is true Buddhism does not refer to 'God'. Any simpleton can comprehend this.

However, what Christians refer to as 'grace' & (external) 'power' certainly in central to Buddhism.

Your problem is you only use words as a basis of knowledge because you have never practised a spiritual path.

As I previously said, your purported 'understanding' is mere superstition. Buddhism is superstition in your hands.

For example, the Tao Te Ching, which is atheist, states: "Tao is loved because when you sin you are forgiven".

While Buddhism teaches about 'self-reliance', this is merely a pre-requisite.

Ultimately, the path to Nirvana is empowered by a (natural) 'force' unrelated to the will of the mind.

This is why a path-enterer is called a "stream-enterer". There is a "stream" that is entered, propelling the path momentum.

Thus, from a spiritual perspective, there is external 'grace' & 'power' that is unrelated to the will of the mind.

For example, when an addict enters cold turkey, the purification that occurs is unrelated to the will of the mind.

It is by abandoning the will of the mind that purification occurs by other (natural) forces, which the theists call 'God'.

As I said, you are completely out of your depth by condemning the mysteries of Christianity.
    Last edited by ddzx: 31/01/15
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.