Jesus never existed after reviewing 126 historical texts, page-175

1. 6,566 Posts.
    newdepths

Sorry, I missed your post. Bit of a late reply.

I realise we have since antiquity ascribed images to and personified God. That's our nature. That's our only means of exchanging very complex understandings. However, they have no basis in reality, they serve only as a frame of reference. The unknowable causes great trauma for a finite mind.

Religion is like the great plains of the Serengeti. It is full of predators, except now they are dressed in robes and white collars and $3,000 suits with blow-waved hair and fill our TV screens with big American teeth. They knock at your door, they want 10% of your earnings.

Some are vicious and can take the unwary down very quickly, others are more like ticks and leeches and reduce you slowly. As ddzx pointed out in his post, nobody is responsible for another humans spirituality. Tell that to those religions that do their utmost to destroy lives once somebody has woken up.

As for God the magician - every vibrating atom is a miracle and still we are not satisfied. Still we paste over reality the most illogical beliefs. Modern man is not very modern in reality.

Religion is a journey, a series of progressive revelations. It began, perhaps on cave walls and it will continue as long as we exist and perhaps beyond. There are ages when we fall into a kind of darkness. This is likely one of those ages. The me age. The marketing community and the religions have much to answer for, but we will get beyond this age.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.