SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

jet pump running costs

1. 2,623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1370
    Hi All, I was intrigued as to the odd comment re the running costs of the Jet Pump that Terry mentioned was to be installed on our Defender problem child. I found the following text in Wikipedia which may be of interest to some:

" Some types of hydraulic pumps may be sensitive to solids, while jetpumps for example can pump solids volume fractions of more than 50%. They are considered the least efficient lift method, though this differes for the different types of hydraulic pumps, and also when looking at full system losses the differences in many installations are negligable.
    The life-cycle cost of these systems is similar to other types of artificial lift when appropriately designed, bearing in mind that they are typically low maintenance, with jet pumps for instance having slightly higher operating (energy) costs with substantially lower purchase cost and virtually no repair cost".
    The pasted statement I have used concurs with several others I have found during my research. The people on the ground that use them and pay the bills may have a different story to tell but at the moment the above is the best we have.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.