"Ok now we got that out of the way let's look at current times.....

1. 386 Posts.
    "Ok now we got that out of the way let's look at current times.. Hamas's charter, Hezbollah's charter, Iran's ideology - all modern fundamental Islamic Jihadi documents and culture and drive to eradicate Israel and the Jews - their actions speak it all.
    Do you support or quietly condone their charters and behavior? Do you condemn their flagrant and indiscriminate attacks on Israel? Where do you stand on that? Genuinely asking."

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hamas Charter.
    My understanding is that in the Charter, it is not clearly spelt out that the Jews must be exterminated.
    It is written, using metaphores and language similar to that used in poetry (yes I know how it sounds, it is not poetry, of course).
    It is not so clear-cut, it's interpretation is unambigous and left to more than one interpretation, so we cannot really say that it calls for the destruction of Israel and the Jews.

I'm referring here mostly to what Gideon Levy says in one of his more recent interviews. When Levy was younger he was more pro-Palestine. As he got much older, he shifted his narrative and is now less pro-Palestinian and more pro-Israel. And he said that about the charter's interpretation when he was more pro-Israel.

Hezbollah.
    A very serious, well organised and equipped, trained and experienced in combat (which is very important) non-state entity that has managed to defeat the Israeli Army, once only but it has nevertheless.

As to their charter, I haven't read it, assuming that it exists, so can't comment.
    However, I would say that, coming back to what I have said in one my replies to you, there would neither be Hamas nor Hezbollah today had the Zionists gone differently about establishing the state of Israel - if only they incorporated all Palestinians into their new state.

Let us assume, for the sake of argument, that I am wrong and both, Hamas and Hezbollah's charters call for the distraction of Israel and the Jews.

Israel is seen as a very aggressive and foreign Zionist entity that has its roots in Europe and is a product of, among other things, intrigues and politics by the British and to some extent French. The Arabs got screwed badly by the British who had played both sides and then just turned aganst the Arabs favouring the Jews.

After what Irgun, Haganah, Lehy and other groups have done to the Palestinians, what would a reasonable reaction of Arabs be?

Would it be reasonable to expect them to just come to terms with all attrocities of the Nakhba and just move on with their lives?
    If your home, farm land and all belongings were stollen from you, your family members killed or forced to flee with nothing, all lost and having to start from nothing again in Lebanon and live like a beggar relying on foreign donations, how humiliating for the proud people this must have been.

What would you wish for Israel and the Jews if you were one of them?

Would you wish for Israel (and the Jews within) to live well and prosper while your children and grandchildren are poor with no hope for the future, abandoned, pretty much, by all Arab states?

Or, you would wish for the destruction of Israel and hoping to reclaim the land you used to own, for the sake of your children?

ps: I'll reply to you today in the evening, if you write back to this post.
    Last edited by puntah: 30/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.