"I'm completely against any political party in Australia...

1. 386 Posts.
    "I'm completely against any political party in Australia representative of one religion. I respect people to have their beliefs as long as they are respectful of others, and working towards the peaceful co-existence of all peoples. "
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What if they are secular atheist Jews like many Jews are ??
    Who treat their Judaism not too seriously - you know? have been brought up in a Jewish home, celebrated their Jewish holidays but were and still are atheists and have never really been deep and seriously into it?

Similarly, think of some or many Roman Catholics who hardly ever go to church, unless to attend a funeral / wedding / other religious rites, who have forgotten their prays, but still celebrate Catholic holidays - have a X-mas tree at home, give one another X-mas gifts, eat their traditional X-mas meals, invite guests to their homes and so forth.

Aren't already most of MPs following one religion or another?

As I recall, Tony Abbott was and still is a full-on Christian regularly attending Sunday mass, Scomo (gee, I can't stand this bloke) is a Pentacostal, Mark Dreyfus, Danby and one or two more are practising Jews -----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_members_of_Australian_parliaments

The way I see it, MPs can belive in whatever they want and this should be their business and that's fair, so long as we have a clearly defined division of state and religion and don't let religion influence how Australia is governed.

I don't like, for example, that politicians in Australia are sworn into office by an oath on The Bible or The Torah.
    Same in in courts of law - there shouldn't be any such 'holly' book used.
    This should be abolished, in my opinion.

Couldn't they use Australian Constitution, instead?
    Last edited by puntah: 11/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.