Jim Chalmers has no qualifications in economics or finance, so why is he in charge of the economy?

1. 186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    I was wondering why Jim Chalmers sounded so stupid every time he opened his little mouth, so I went to Wikipedia, and I found out that Jim Chalmers has a degree in communication (marketing) and a doctorate in political science. He has zero qualifications in economics or finance.

Why is Jim Chalmers in charge of the economy? Why is he attempting to raid my super for his lunatic ESG "visions"?

Why is it always people who are grossly unqualified that get these portfolios?

The Treasurer of the US, Janet Yellen, has a Phd in economics and has taught the subject in all Ivy League universities for decades. Whether you agree or not with her policies, noone can deny she is qualified for the job.

Jim Chalmers doesn't even hold a TAFE certificate in his field. He made coffees and wrote canned answers for Wayne Swan, another treasurer with no qualifications in economics and finance.

Surely, Australia could find economists with appropriate qualifications/Phd? Or is everybody just happy with this blatant corruption and game of mates?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.