GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Morning Ctindale, you wrote 'But gold isnt going up and down...

1. 179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Morning Ctindale, you wrote 'But gold isnt going up and down with inflation, its going up and down with risk. Gold hardly moved from 1981 to 2000, yet the charlatan gold commentators wax on about gold going up with inflation or money printing, yet when you point out there is zero proof things go silent'

My view is that we are living in high risk times today, moreso than when gold kicked off its bull market 10 years ago.

So therefore in my view, gold will continue to rise in this environment for many years to come.

Interested to know why you think gold will retreat (I vaguely remember you saying $900 or so) given the current economic / poilitical environment?

Also interested to know at what point would you change your mind on the price of gold and say it's not going back to $900 or so? I.e if it hits $1650 at somepoint going forward, you would still see it falling back to your target range? Or perhaps gold doesnt react (price wise) the way you think to a certain event or set of circumstances. Guess I'm just curious if you're someone who will continually call for a crash even if gold gets to $2000 or more, or if at some point you'll reassess your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

SW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.