MCR 0.00% $1.39 mincor resources nl

Hi Spiderman,I agree with you that the price of Nickel will drop...

1. 9,499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 655
    Hi Spiderman,

I agree with you that the price of Nickel will drop eventually but before that happens we will go even higher and will see high prices for some time to come.
    Fair to say that the next 24 months are for Nickel imho.

During this prolonged time of high Nickel prices , producers are going to make a fortune and we share holders can only benefit from this in the form of higher share prices and higher dividends.

Do your research on Nickel and you will understand where I come from.

Just as a start I will add some more info of where we are going with Nickel.

jojo

Yet of all the base metals not even zinc could match the truly astonishing 147% rise
    in nickel prices seen in 2006. As with other strong performers, investment fund
    money played its part in pushing nickel from its relatively humble $13,480/t at the
    start of 2006 to a peak of $34,695/t (on 15th December), yet this additional liquidity
    was, as so often, pushing at an open door. This time last year we anticipated that
    “producer consolidation, a recovery in stainless steel production and possible
    delays in new projects may also see nickel with fresh impetus” – a judgement that
    was wrong only by being a massive under-estimation of what actually came to
    pass. The biggest disappointment (in terms of failed promises from planned
    projects) has to be the Goro project in New Caledonia, now under the control of
    Brazil’s CVRD following its acquisition of Inco. Goro was originally conceived of as
    coming on-stream in 2004 with capital costs of $1.45bn; it now will not be
    delivering its promised 60,000t/year of nickel before 2008, and with its costs having
    ballooned to $3bn. Given the degree of vitriolic local hostility by some local activists,
    there must be doubts that it will ever get off the ground, although it would be a
    difficult thing for CVRD to walk away from. Other big projects have also run into
    difficulties, not least being BHP Billiton’s Ravensthorpe project, also delayed. The
    expected surge of new nickel supply that was meant to be already with us has
    failed to materialise, and the time-span for significant new supply to reach a market
    that is probably already in a 20,000t deficit (while the stainless steel appetite has
    recovered remarkably from last year’s slump) stretches out to 2009 at the earliest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.