job offer - your thoughts, page-24

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi Jessica, I would think there isnt a problem because its obvious that as they were your nominated referees you have made a judgement that they think highly of you and will support you. Therefore, if they have conveyed it to the CEO they would likely have conveyed to that person your value just as they would have done in your reference. I understand your nervousness about it but you never know out of it you may get an offer from your existing organisation then you can choose which job to take.

If you prefer your existing organisation subject to higher renumeration or at least similar to the job you applied for, in your shoes given the CEO indirectly knows the position I myself would approach that person and tell them of what occurred and the basis for you doing so. You could tell them how much you love the job you are currently doing but want to improve your earning capacity. That creates dialogue and transparency that would imo go down better than keeping mum. If its out you have nothing to lose by this approach.

Thats just my opinion as to how I would handle it if it were me. In the end its you that has to decide. Best wishes, eagle888.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.