JobSeeker being wound back

1. 10,217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    Been listening to the ABC mainly because that's the only station I can get very well I. Vehicle The ABC have been in fine fettle talking about horror stories of people on job seeker! I say Horror Story in the loosest possible way because we don't have many people in real nad poverty here.

There has been a concerted effort by the Greens , Labor, the ABC, Fairfax and other media to try and point out what a blow to our economy the cut back in job seeker and one's for job keeper will be.

I have even heard academics say that the government will be worse off because of less spending in the economy and less tax take. Now I often agree with a bit of keynesian pump priming but we have had an overdose. Those people that argue the government gets back most of what they spend in taxes need only look at the parlous state of the federal budget deficit. It has been busy pump priming but it still running a huge deficit.

Of course I have not heard the ABC talking to business groups about how they have had trouble getting staff , nor for that matter taxpayers organisations saying that we can't afford to keep spending how we were spending!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.