GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Joe Lowry interview, page-23

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Hi aircon. Thanks for your post and for the detail.

Firstly I would say this. Yes our group does include ML. However, we each have our own work outside the group. The idea was that we would only come together if we found a resource we all were totally on board with.

In addition we have different areas of specialty and different personalities. I am not a ML and he is not me. He has excellent contacts together with Thomas right through the supply chain in China. Brendan is in geoscience and probably the most well know geo in the lithium field. For a reason as far as I can see. As would be expected of a geo his personality is very even and measured whereas Michael is in your face. That's just ML and he is a lot of fun.

For me I have been visiting China since the early eighties and lived there many years. My wife is Chinese and our daughter is naturally half Chinese. I watched Shenzhen grow from a small fishing village with only a pre-school for tourists to a dynamic city of over 15 million people that seems to stretch forever. During my time there I studied the history of the CCP, the Chinese economy and how CCP policy is implemented and changed in response to events.

My highlights are sitting down with the top researchers in China and understanding what makes this market tick. What I try to do is to understand any upcoming shift in supply and demand. It so happens we are in the middle of a major one now that I'm still trying to get a handle on before putting pen to paper. What caused the shift, what it means and how it will be responded to. Those same intellectuals are often called on to give advice to Chinese companies so they are not just valuable for research but real contacts.

Joe has been around a long time and I absolutely understand that and also understand his past contacts. In the past he was probably the most well connected in the lithium space. However, as is so often true in China times change fast and I do not think that's the case now. There are many aspects of research where I think he probably has not been up with the latest research or changing face of the supply chain. I think the current comments which I guess may be aimed at ML may be a frustration at that fact.

I give as an example the amount of lithium used in buses which I raised in late 2015. Then the example of LSEV's raised in late 2016. The fact that processors are no longer the key players in the lithium space. Nor are they generally the kind of personalities I would like to deal with. I can spot those ex SOE types that came from the Chinese chemical industry a mile away. I can also see the new breed of very astute players in the battery industry.. Remember that many are very new enterprises so it takes a lot of work to keep up to speed. I no more expect Joe to be there than I would claim to know the brine industry. The fact is not everyone knows it all and that includes Joe. I profess I don't read what he writes now and he probably doesn't read what I write. Does not mean I don't wish him the best.

The EV manufacturers are not directly a part of our supply chain yet but I am getting the first green shoots that tells me they will be within the next two years. I don't want to ramble on. However, there is a lot to analyzing future trends. How the supply chain will consolidate. How the CCP will implement their plan and react to changes.

I do a know a guy I call Mr Lithium but he's in China and he's Chinese. He is outstanding on hard rock and knows almost every player around the word from miners to battery co's, processors etc. Does he know it all? No ! , and nor does Joe. I like to think privately I;m the best on the long term research picture but I certainly also do not know it all.

What I would say of Joe. Take a chill pill. Relax. Make your consulting fees. Do your trading. Respect everyone that's trying to wrestle with this octopus and if you are going to write, make it clear for investors where you have a vested interest.

Hope that doesn't sound condescending to Joe because I wish him all the best. if it sounds like I'm beating my own drum then I apologize as that was not the intention. Despite what many may think I am not just here for the money. It's a fascinating story that may well give our children more than a filthy planet in future. If anyone thinks there are not Chinese that think exactly the same in the research world. Wrong !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.