GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Joe Lowry interview, page-28

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    aircon. I notice a few points I didn't answer so a simple bullet list below.

1. I am suggesting that our group has vastly superior contacts if we discount the established processors. Many of those have been around a few years only. Everyone can decide who has the best in research and that's part of investing.

2. Yes Joe got some things right, some wrong and missed others. Some when it was blatantly obvious to all and sundry. I'm not digging at Joe but I do not look to him for research at all although his knowledge of the big brine players and few Chinese processors is substantial. I just do not see that as being the driver of forward direction.

3. I agree with you that the Chinese are far more cautious these days.

4. Lithium is currently all about China. I suspect a balancing of this as Europe and others play catch up as they must at some stage. They were late to this story but can no longer ignore it. I will be looking for a big development year outside China this year which may equate to a bigger market share in coming years. China is the story right now and that is just a fact and especially when e-bus and lsev's are considered. By the way I see China being dominant in cell production going forward, not necessarily EV production.

5. I do not invest in Canadian hard rock. I feel they will be in the high cost end and that new resources may push them back a few years in the development cycle. They will need consistently high prices together with shortages before I take them seriously.

6. I agree on the long term future for Lithium. We all know that the future appears bright. However, there is a long way to go before we can say we made it. Agree on Lithium as a strategic resource eventually.

7. There is definitely room for brine and hard rock. I do believe that within 10 years most viable hard rock mines will have associated chem plants on site. This will break the Chinese monopoly on production from concentrate.

8. It is my belief that the Chinese already have Panasonic technology hence the games that were played last year. This does sound a big warning to the North Asian's

9. The only future I see with Ruifu is if they are swallowed by another. Not a company I see a future for. They are the Chinese opportunists. Hence the agreements with GXY, PLS and now dead BGS takeover. Still they will at some stage be taken over. I have always believed that of the three agreements GXY is the only one that will stand at least in the short term. I would be wary building a future around them however.

10 No, I do not believe Tesla want to be a chemical company but who knows what they will do. Their current market penetration is impressive. The product itself is very impressive and they are certainly market leaders. Longer term NextEV is an outsider to watch imo.

My post was not supposed to be at a dig at GXY. I prefer not to comment directly on stocks where I haven't at least had a holding in the past. Some have done very well here and that's great. Success is what we are all looking for.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.