ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

""Special dividends are most often used to return capital to...

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    ""Special dividends are most often used to return capital to shareholders."

I think that you both missed this very important part which was posted within part "A" of my previous post. That part was highlighted for everyone to see.

It clearly states that "MOST OFTEN" they (Special Dividends) are used for returns of capital to shareholders. And that, to me, it says a lot. And it has been copied and pasted from a precedent. A return of Capital means what it says.

As such seen that although special dividends can be allocated from many different funds and incomes, they can also beeen allocated as a return of capital alone, and that will not annul/deny what I have stated previoulsy if ESG was to pay us all some money with the capital they will have left on hand, if and when the SOA has been approved.

Besides, I have asked another Accountant friend of mine just in case that I missed something, and he replied that I didn't and fully agrees with me.

Anyway, seen that we can't agree with one another, we can all "AGREE TO DISAGREE", keep our own ideas in the matter, and call it quits.

Time permitting, which is something that I am always short of, I will pull out the Australian Companies Act and see if I can refresh my memory. Long time since I have made use of it.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.