MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

Afectra you are making things up. I have never had a run in with...

1. 1,317 Posts.
    Afectra you are making things up. I have never had a run in with Marion's Directors and don't have any "companies" that have missed out on a juicy placement. I don't even have any other "companies".

Yes I do have a problem with Marion and anyone who took the time to go back and look at the history of broken promises and downright mistruths would have also. Not to mention the money spent on administration.

And how people on this site can still refer to the reputable broker's assessment of the value of Marion when their prediction of $100 million in gas sales in 2008 ws so way off the mark just defeats me.

Yes we get it wrong from time to time, doesn't everybody? The one thing I have learned over the past few years covering the oilers is not to fall in love with stocks and not to believe what CEOs of companies tell you without doing your own research to confirm the facts.

We took AED Oil to task very early on and were berated for doing so including by the AED Oil management itself. Well all we can say is we told them so. And the experience of AED's oil over promotion of its prospects should be a warnign to the MArion faithful. A lot of the similar signs are there.

The way AWE,NZO and PPP have gone about presenting the TUi field's prospects, reserves etc and the way they have run the operation is in my opinion a model for Aussie juniors. The way AED Oil has gone about it is obviously not. Nor far that matter the way the Galoc field development has been managed but that's another story.

I hope for all those that have a large exposure to Marion that we are wrong and someone comes in and buys them out for a healthy profit. But I would have to say that is looking very unlikely in our opinion.

John Campbell
    Oil & Gas Weekly

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.