john howard buggered upaustralias economy, page-12

1. 29,737 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    that is the exact point dave r - your comments to cortis hit the nail on the head. no doubt, other people like watso change their thinking. cortis is right, this time i would vote for dracula (in my earlier post, i said that i would vote for the "drovers dog"). watso has much to thank the labor party for, but that did not mean that he was indebted to them, for the rest of his life.

my parents always voted labor, they would never have thought about voting for the libs - but if people are entrenched in their thinking, there would never be a change in government . my guess is that cortis will always vote for the libs - just like my mother, i do not think that the mindset is good for the country

as far as howard being a statesman - well, that is in the eye of the beholder - being a lap dog to bush, does not make him a statesman - and apart from that - too much in the way of devious behaviour to be considered a statesman - it is not without reason that he is viewed as being tricky etc etc. if you want to think about a statesman - then think about keating (and watso voted against him in the end)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.