hi wbddrss The December conviction of Cardinal Pell, and today’s...

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    hi wbddrss

The December conviction of Cardinal Pell, and today’s subsequent pre-sentencing hearing, has come as a shock to many Howard-era Liberal Party figures, who are remembered for their colossal campaign strategy that saw the Coalition sways of conservative voters away from the traditionally-Catholic ALP in the mid-90s.
    I consider the above statement from betooadvocate; to be way out of context. That process slowed down even in 50's; well and truly dead in 90's.
    Such a sectarian comment is so pathetic.

As a practicing Roman Catholic may I tell you what I find so pathetic and shameful?

1) The disgraceful support of our church for the conservatives via DLP for numerous years. Supporting money instead of the common man. In other words prostituting our church.
    2) The immoral support of Pell and his henchmen in supporting Howard/Abbott with the Iraq war. The immoral silence of Pell and his henchmen in reference to the refugees. Their disgusting silence in not standing up to Abbott about what are Catholic beliefs.
    They have prostituted our church. They have sold them selves like cheap whores.

Is it any wonder that the conservatives are coming out of the wood work to give this guy "character references"

Pear

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.