On a long enough timeframe, I agree. The human population is, as...

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    On a long enough timeframe, I agree. The human population is, as Agent Smith says in The Matrix, a virus.

However looking at just the demand-side is only half the story. We must also consider the supply side factors, which will see nations, such as those in the Black Sea region, rapidly increasing their annual output, as modern technology infiltrates their farming practices and commodity heavyweights, such as Glencore, invest billions into these countries to improve supply chain efficiency and output potential. None of this should be ignored in the short-to-mid term, which, for the sake of an investments forum, i would assume is highly relevant.

Long term, e.g. the second half of this century (maybe earlier) you would think that unless there is a binary event, with regards food technology, the thesis of food shortages could well play out. However such binary events should not be discounted. Research labs already have begun harvesting "test tube" steaks that food connoisseurs cannot distinguish from a grain-fed, organic one. Humans have a remarkable knack of pushing the envelope.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.