GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

john williams - hyperinflation coming to usa, page-3

1. 3,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Give credit to Williams for putting a timeframe on his call, but I see hyperinflation in Japan long before the US. Here's what Mike Shedlock wrote today in response:

"I have rebutted such thinking hundreds of times, so I do not even have to write a rebuttal. It's been prepared in advance. Here is a 6 point summary of where Williams goes wrong.

1. Williams focuses on money supply, ignoring credit although credit is far more important
    2. William ignores numerous global interconnections. Calling for hyperinflation in the US alone ignores happenings in Europe, Japan, and China. I remain amazed at how US-centric hyperinflationists in general are. Monetary printing in China far exceeds that in the US, and it is the Euro and the Yen most at risk now, not the US dollar.
    3. Williams ignores relatively small changes in Social Security that can keep that system afloat for another decade or longer. Regardless, SS is a huge future problem that will matter at some point, just not now. Currently, collapsing consumer credit in the US is soaking up all the Fed's printing.
    4. Williams ignores numerous constraints on the Fed and Congress
    5. Williams ignores US gold holdings, the largest in the world
    6. Williams ignores the massive influence of consumer attitudes and bank attitudes towards lending.

Finally, Williams seems to ignore that hyperinflation is primarily a political event not a monetary event. The idea the world is going to flat out abandon dollars anytime soon is quite simply preposterous."

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2010/12/williams-calls-for-great.html

Rowingboat

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.