XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

Yeah there are of course things the RBA can do to weaken the...

1. 392 Posts.
    Yeah there are of course things the RBA can do to weaken the dollar, as easy as selling some AUDfor USD, considering they have an unlimited amount of AUD to work with they can move it however they like. Japan has been doing it now and again for yonks, they could even just threaten to intervene without doing anything, Glen 'an Australian dollar above US$1.05 is extremely damaging to the Australian economy and the RBA is likely to intervene in the currency market to help alleviate this stress once such levels are reached' - see who's game to buy AUD at $1.10 then..

I think calls for GFC levels are little unwarranted atm, I mean that was a time when nobody knew how bad things were, as far as the media was concerned capitalism was coming to an end due to totally unknown amounts of CDO^2's floating around and banks everywhere were just collapsing.
    RIO was like what, $40 a share? If your that bearish it would be like declining someone offering you RIO for $40/share now, with the clause you can't sell it for 12 months.. You could buy a put option on RIO at $40 with 12 month expiry for a pretty low premium I would imagine, nobody's actually hedging at those lvls it would just be silly (or genius maybe lol)..

It's just been proven that corporate America can still be very strong despite pathetic GDP growth, second half forecasts are slightly higher, theres no reason corp. A. cant stay in very good shape. Oil has dropped massively, acts like an automatic stabilizer for consumers (1c extra at the pump equates to something like $1.4 billion in extra household energy consumption and heads straight off to the Saudi's).

Idk whether we go up or down or sideways, but you know when you drop 15% in a few days on panic and fear alone that your coming back up for a bit..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.