XJO 0.76% 7,763.2 s&p/asx 200

MORNING TRENDSETTERSTrawling through the thread late at night...

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    MORNING TRENDSETTERS

Trawling through the thread late at night looking for a snappy headline can be tedious xjo'ers.

Snake Lady is spending time on her hobby - platting snake whips.

Hmm - Mongo giving JGUNTER a kick in the tail for politics on the thread I see. Sorry JGUNTER, I did ask you what you thought.

Then I remembered that I had also been political. I had Bob Brown swishing up the stairs in a pair of nylons at the Zoomba once - hopefully Mongo didn't see that one.

In defence of myself, I did admit that I wore Honeydew's jodphurs with the three piece suite outlined in the morning sun for all the campers to see. So it's okay to give Bob a jolly up too.

Then I got to Johnaus. Johnaus, that's right, I saw him on another thread. He's a 'Money man'. Seemed clever!

This from yesterday..

'Look at those futures claw back from the brink of death baby! What happens if we get a decent bailout (like unconditional ECB support....) and the redundent debt ceiling gets raised within a couple of days of each other- There wont be anything left to hold these markets down!' JOHNAUS July 21st

That's what I like to hear. Good gutsy headlines.

So... who is Johnaus. (this is the trimmed version beleive it or not)

An Accountant?

'I give tax advice to friends all the time but gee considering i'm not a licensed accountant and it's an offence and all I might stop doing it in fear of being thrown in jail.' 24/5

Is he into lunar cycles?

'So 5 out of the last 24 years the yearly tops have been full moons? Yeah i'd call that a coincidence. No offence, I just think it's ridiculous.'31/5

An economist!

'If your shorting because you think the market is going to get scared about a US default then your going to be spectacularly wrong, it is political rhetoric nothing more.'1/6

Hmmm not in to liberace levels either!!

'Chartists, the crap they come up with some times...'13/6

Perhaps not a romantic

'This is how the market works... Draws you in on euphoria, kills you, gets you out, you miss out on the rise, then you get drawn back in after 6 months of running higher everday only to get killed again.'29/6

He does tell it like it is..

'Greece wont be defaulting, merely they will endure severe economic depression for the next generation till they wake up to the flaws of the Euro.'29/6

Ah yes - a bull

'I like to think of it as we have been in a big consolidation since the initial post GFC run up, churning the weak hands out ever since aug 08 @ 4850. However now its time to unleash and smash above that pathetic 5000 level!! Who's with me! Make me rich damnit!!! 1/7

He loves eating conspracy theorists for breakfast

'Do you realize that the money you pay your taxes with originated from the central bank? This means that the government had to create and then spend money (and run a deficit) before you even had money to pay your taxes, where else do you conceive your dollars came from? China? Chinas big pile of Australian dollars that they magically got from nobody? 11/7

Not a goldy

What do you thinks so important about gold anyway? Its a shiny rock. I tend to reject the value of gold as simply an investment to hopefully sell it to the greater paranoid fool.11/7

or a carbon tax advocat

(ring ring) "We need 200M$ of carbon credits please"
    Malaysia: "uhhh yeah sure we'll sell you some of them" IIts just corrupt dollars flying overseas. Bizzare'
    11/7

Likes a riddle too..

'All the budget represents is an accounting spreadsheet in excel, a deficit never means we 'borrow' and a surplus never means we 'save' 14/7

Johnaus makes me feel very dumb. He explains thing so well, I have a sudden delusion that I understand...but I still don't.

If THINK Johnaus is very clever, if you ever want to understand how money works - look at his posts.

I have one now. When the reserve bank announce an interest rate rise. It is just a request, they don't raise wholesale rates somehow do they?

It's Johnaus's special day - don't hide Johnaus, we have to be nice to you.

Happy trading XJO'ers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.