NOX 2.86% 7.2¢ noxopharm limited

Well RBx.... you ask a great question mate. Coincidence?...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132
    Well RBx.... you ask a great question mate. Coincidence? ......hmmm.

Well we all know what “coincidence” means... right? But just to be pedantic... and absolutely sure, I did a quick search and the first definition that came up was “a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.

I stopped right there..... because the definition was almost perfect. Why?.... because from what I remember of the circumstances of the NOX pathway to discovery of the current potential in treating Covid-19 patients, it was almost exactly like this.... “a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstancesl”

Noxopharm engaged the experts at the Hudson Institute of Medical Research way back (way before the world had heard of Covid-19).... to look deeper into the MOA of Veyonda. One of the findings was confirmation of the STING connection, which must have been a very exciting discovery in itself. Then... by a “remarkable circumstance” the Covid-19 pandemic hit the news with seemingly very little in the way of treatment for the worst case patients. Looks like Prof. Kelly and the Hudson institute quickly realised that Veyonda and the STING element was very likely to be useful in halting the patient immune system from galloping away... and inciting the so-called “cytokine storm” that was leading to death.

So....here we are now.

First cohort of patients with no nasty side effects reported (and hopefully fairing better than before treatment). The start of the next dosage levels of treatment and hopefully some great news on individual patient outcomes in due course.

A new official collaboration between Noxopharm, Hudson Institute and the Australian National University. A VERY promising collaboration that certainly has the full gamut of brains, experience and commercial genius.

A world pandemic that despite the hoped-for vaccines development to alleviate and control the spread, will probably see hundreds of thousands around the world still needing to be admitted to intensive care over the coming years.

And Covid apart.... the pressing need around the world for ongoing treatments for Septic Shock and inflammatory diseases is still high on the list of much needed solutions.

So mate..... you asked about Coincidence. Well in that context... it is certainly not a coincidence that the two are linked in my view.

But in the circumstances that I’ve just run through above.... I believe there is a heap of exciting, fascinating and brilliantly put together ideas and strategies from the parties involved that were kickstarted by a string of Coincidences.

Now... how does that old Roman saying go?

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”

Well I guess we all need as much luck, coincidence and good fortune as we can get in this world. But it certainly helps enormously to have the likes of Prof. Kelly and the amazing team at Noxopharm heading up the charge..... but there again.... I might be a touch biased. (grin)

Apples

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
0.002(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $21.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.2¢ 7.2¢ 7.2¢ $1.367K 18.99K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 72463 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 8810 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.