SFR 0.56% $8.94 sandfire resources limited

just to clarify a few things for you punters out there regarding...

1. 1,580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 955
    just to clarify a few things for you punters out there regarding the thread topic.

And you are getting this from someone not qualified in explaining it in detail

Processing of ore is designed to optimise the ore being treated and you can not just change from one commodity to another without significant costs associated.

Firstly Plutonic treats it's ore using a CIL/CIP process with the main reactive agent being cyanide.

Copper on the other hand uses sulphuric acid as the main reactive and then the process itself varies depending on whether you are treating an oxide or sulphide ore of which SFR has both.

Secondly metallurgy tests are done on the ore to be processed and then the process plant is designed around the ore type to maximise recovery rates, dependant on impurities or other credits that may be recovered.

ie..cobalt credits in nickel deposits.

Thirdly and certainly not lastly even if you were to utilise Plutonic to toll treat the ore the costs likely to be involved inclusive of substantial cost in plant redesign, you would then have haulage costs, toll treatment costs, increased downtime due to older plant and equipment etc, etc......The list goes on and on and on..

SFR would have no problems whatsover in establishing their own process plant optimised specifically to treat their style of ore either through debt funding, cap raising or combination of both.

It may even eventuate that if there are multiple pods proven up across other tenements they may even toll treat others.
    Though at this stage unlikey as any plant design and cap cost outlay will be based purely on the project economics of what they have themselves...years down the track who knows??

Off topic...

I worked for a brief period at Plutonic back in '94 and the two things I remember the most, were that I quit smoking..hellaluyah.. and that was where I saw my first gold pour and attempt to pick up a gold bar with one hand.

Actually the guy there said if I could pick it up I could have it.....I think my fingernails bled in the end...lol
    Due to the taper of the bar it is impossible to pick the bastard up.
    From memory they weigh somewhere between 19-22 kgs.

Anyone likely to be using Plutonic to toll treat is ALY and thay have an agreement in place already in relation to Three Rivers and Wingeena probably as well.

Not cross promoting here either but todays joint ann is going to put interest back into the neighbours which has been starting to wane a bit of late.

As I said some time back though.....being nearby is nice, but nothing like the real deal...SFR has this, though seriously doubt they will be the only one though.

Good luck holders as you really are onto something special here and it still is only early days.

Lastly I believe the majority of current buying is being soaked up from overseas

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.94
Change
0.050(0.56%)
Mkt cap ! $4.089B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.09 $9.11 $8.85 $20.95M 2.345M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $8.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.94 8912 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.