CTP 0.00% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

joint venture, page-5

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 637
    Hi Benny,

If this is your first venture into the stock market, you have maybe jumped straight into the deep end, rather than trying out the water at the shallow end for a while.

For anyone who doesn't have the stomach for a bit of a gamble, exploration companies are probably not the way to go. However, if you're looking for a chance to maybe hit the big-time with a relatively small outlay, but prepared to lose your investment if things go pear-shaped, then explorers are definitely worth a punt; you just need to pick and choose carefully between the many explorers which are listed on the exchange.

We don't know at this stage what is likely to happen with CTP, but my best guess is that we will finish up with several joint ventures before the end of 2011, and that JH will negotiate deals which involve relinquishing a percentage of the various tenements involved in each separate deal in order to get the JV partners to fund the drilling and feasibility studies which are essential before we get near to the production stage.

Once we get one or more JVs under way, and drilling starts in earnest, we should see a lift in the SP, and then a good oil or gas strike would really light up the shareprice. We already know that there are large coal deposits on our tenements, but we don't yet know the commercial value of the deposits.

There are many possibilities for CTP to grow into a major energy company, especially with the relatively new techniques for extracting oil and gas from shale. We just need to get the right partners on board with the cash and the technical know-how to extract value from our extensive holdings, and without taking too big a percentage along the way.

We have some highly experienced personnel joining the company, and all the signs point to some good news being released in the near future. But as always, don't start spending your windfall until the money's in the bank. Nothing is certain until it actually happens.

But don't be put off by the people who don't hold shares in CTP but who constantly try to downramp the company's prospects. They usually have an ulterior motive, or some sort of personal problem.

And just in case it makes you feel any better, I certainly don't claim to be an expert, but I've been investing in the market for over forty years, and CTP is the only exploration company in which I currently have an investment. If we go down the gurgler, there'll be many experienced investors going down with us. But I don't see that as a likely scenario.

Cheers,

Mike

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $2.624K 53.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 980647 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 189266 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.