Ducky,I presume you were born in 1982, so you are 41 years old....

1. 2,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    Ducky,
    I presume you were born in 1982, so you are 41 years old. I am several decades older.

There is a quick and simple answer to our housing. I agree that we in Australia are facing a major problem from a macro economic cycle because of changing age structure.

Yes. There are too many of us older Aussies occupying houses that we used to raise our families. We had a good life, but we should admit that our value to society has passed. Now it it time for us to be "de-housed" to make way for more deserving younger people (and the foreign buyers who buy 20% of all accommodation (new accommodation and re-sales) on the Australian market). Us older Australian can be re-housed in retirement village complexes that are owned and managed by foreigners.
    YES!!!!
    Please help keep the Australian society young and vibrant by voting for my new political party called THOB (Take homes off boomers)

We can look to the economic progress in Brazil or Argentina for guidance to help us with his continued transition to foreign ownership of our housing market.
    We as a nation successfully ceded control of:
    - the management of our oil and gas production
    - some road and rail infrastructure
    - we paid the US to keep strategic oil reserves for us in times of emergency, but only have 2 weeks spare capacity in Australia. If we need these reserves we can apply to US government for them to release it to us.
    - Much of our food production is owned by foreigners
    - We have destroyed domestic manufacturing
    - we sell gas to consumers in the eastern states for more than double the price that the Japanese consumer buy our gas, but we cannot compete with Japan in making fertilizers because our energy prices are too high.

But be happy, We are the "lucky" country. What can possibly go wrong?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.