YML unknown

There is no blending or upgrading required prior to shipment.YML...

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    There is no blending or upgrading required prior to shipment.

YML pistolite ore.....like 45% of all iron ore exported from West Australia, requires sintering.

All Japanese steel mills....and now most China mills have an onsite sintering plant to process this type of ore..... prior to it going into the blast furnace.

Cheap easy to mine.....but most important of all, they have a large deposit.

The Company has been advised that calcining (roasting) of the detrital iron mineralisation can be expected to markedly upgrade Fe contents. Based upon the average LOI (loss on ignition) of 8.8%, the upgrade factor that would be expected from calcining (as in sintering prior to blast furnace feed), would increase the average Fe grade of 58.4% (as above) to an equivalent calcined grade of 64.0%. These Fe grades are comparable to the resource grades (head grade and calcined grade) at existing mines at Pannawonica, Yandicoogina and Yandi (pisolite ores).

Mining Study
    An independent mining consultant has carried out a preliminary open pit mining assessment with the objective of indicating stripping ratios and mining costs that could be applicable to the North-West Sector (based on the current mineralisation estimate).
    The assessment indicated a stripping ratio (overburden:mineralisation) of approximately 4:1 and an overall mining cost of $7.60 per tonne (i.e. total cost per tonne of the 30Mt mineralisation estimate). This assessment takes into account the “free digging” nature of the “valley-fill” material overlying the mineralised zone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.