josh reynolds downgrade - disgrace!, page-6

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Wowog, as you know, I thought the McKinnon tackle was a 1 or 2 week penalty at best.

I am confused because the NRL do not have the courage behind their conviction. I am actually happy with the Reynolds penalty because that means the NRL are not going to go overboard with suspending players. But, don't come out (NRL) and tell us they are cracking down on these types of tackles. In an interview prior to the grading, Brent Tate said he has never been so scared on the football field in his life. I am the first to say these types of things can happen without intention, but what message does this send from the NRL?

Was the tackle dangerous? Bloody oath it was and the ruling is totally inconsistent with their new edict and other tackles they have cracked down on in recent weeks.

As i said, I am hoping this means the NRL will not go overboard in future with their rulings on these tackles and take into consideration this is an unfortunate part of the game. But, as i said, this penalty is inline with suspensions pre-Mckinnon and I don't compare any tackles to McKinnon's tackle because it was a unique circumstance.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.