joy of knowing that god does not exist

1. 29,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    of course, this subject is raised from time to time,and watso readily acknowledges the futility of trying to change peoples religious beliefs - but incase some people are interested, the following might be of interest. never the less, the belief, or non belief in a god, means either eternal life, or eternal damnation. watso has previously mentioned the joy of being released, when he realized that there was no god. doing some reading on the matter, it seems that i was not the only one

"My emotions were mixed. I was happy because of the release that came with the decision. I had found the rainbow. I was elated. I was as happy as a man who had found a jewel of great price. I knew of course, that that which I had lost was being replaced by something better. I felt free as a bird. I was now my own master. No longer a mental slave. The eyes of a dictatorial god were no longer upon me nor upon my fellow men"

certainly a long read, but some interesting points - from an ex minister

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/vincent_runyon/left_ministry.html

heaps of reading, if one wants to look

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.