QAN 1.30% $6.22 qantas airways limited

joyce, emirates and the 4 pillar plan., page-5

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    tomleonhart,

You are possibly right, but what you are forgetting is the importance of Qantas Long Haul as a feeder airline to Qantas Short Haul. Without Qantas LH, Qantas SH would not be as successful as it is.

The Emirates tie up is a big gamble and as someone said, Joyce may become a hero if the deal turns to gold. My read, if he had of manned up and become a real manager and not just a puppet of Dixon, he may well have succeeded in bringing Qantas LH back into profit. As things stand, the lack of staff moral and unity at QF is solely the result of years of mis-management IMO. A happy workforce = productivity and happy customers/investors. Ironically, this is the one thing management have strived to achieve, productivity (without success). Joyce somehow forgot that productivity and happy staff are related.

Qantas LH may well one day disappear, and the history books will tell our grandkids exactly why, poor successive management over a number of years and a few bad decisions. Emirates is licking its lips right now, the numbers show why. They are getting a huge chunk of the QF market through pure capacity and pricing advantages.

QF has too many chiefs on fat salaries and not enough Indians. I could go on about the very poor internal decisions re fleet strategy, fuel options, hardware onboard A/c etc... thing is, Joyce is well on his way to fulfilling my prediction, he has come, taken over and will go within another 3 years. What will you investors be left with, probably a broken down vessel that was once an icon, with nowhere to go but to succumb. How long has Joyce had the controls in his hands for now? When will we see a turn around? Time will tell I guess.

Surfrat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $10.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.24 $6.26 $6.21 $23.05M 3.702M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 44384 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.23 52103 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.