QAN 1.30% $6.22 qantas airways limited

joyce, emirates and the 4 pillar plan., page-9

1. 47 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Well done to Tim Clark for getting Qantas to carry out all of that marketing for Emirates. Once people have tried EK they will not go back to QF imo.
    I do about 9 longhaul trips per year always in business class, used to be a QF platinum member but these days I use Singapore or Emirates as I feel they are better value, more frequency, modern planes with quality service and in most cases cheaper.

QF domestic has also been terrible with busted 100 year old 767's with no personal tellies and business seats that hardly go back any further than the economy seats, snarly staff and food that has seen better days. All for the bargin price of about $1800 one way Perth to Melb.
    They have only dug up the A330's for some domestic routes as Virgin made them compete.

I resent the cost of the QF domestic business airfares, it has been extortion since Ansett collapsed. Pleased to see Virgin offering between $999 and $1299 for the same route.

With EK likely to consume the international QF business and a decent Virgin product hollowing out the Qantas domestic business cash cow we should not have long to wait before the end comes. Maybe Jetstar will fly on, that maybe the plan, would be cheaper operating costs.

Either way I think Joyce will be the last CEO of Qantas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $10.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.24 $6.26 $6.21 $23.05M 3.702M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 44384 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.23 52103 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.