QAN 0.68% $5.94 qantas airways limited

Hi Chinaplate, Based on the QF performance in the last 5 years,...

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hi Chinaplate,

Based on the QF performance in the last 5 years, Alan Joyce's salary SHOULD have been frozen. It is curious how the salaries always go up in the good times but never down in the bad. My personal belief is that an executive such as AJ should be paid a fair salary, say $1m per year and let them earn the rest based on performance, in the good times it should max out at $2-$3m per year, NOT $11.9m. That is just pure greed from the boys club! I am all for incentives but not a salary with bonuses that goes anywhere near $11.9m. Nobody is worth that much imo.

The only bonus that staff got was $400 of travel vouchers for use on Staff Travel. Qantas makes money out of staff travel and it is near impossible to take your family away as the seats are only on a standby basis so you could say that the staff bonus was pretty lame. If you are referring to the $90m in staff bonuses that was spread all over the news back in July, PLEASE NOTE - THAT MONEY WAS ONLY FOR UNIONS THAT AGREED TO AN 18 MONTH WAGE FREEZE. Read into that what you will.

Yes, my sentiment is buy and I base this on a purely speculative opinion that QF will again post another profit come July 2016 largely based on air traffic trends and cheap fuel prices continuing for some time to come. I therefore think the SP will be above $4 in the coming months so I say BUY.

Your commets re my post are fair Chinaplate so I hope my comments in this post have clarified my opinions a little.

I am not too unhappy with things as they stand but I do believe that things could be a lot better. Qantas i still a great company but run poorly imo.

The Rat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.94
Change
0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.678B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.92 $5.95 $5.89 $13.41M 2.260M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 194441 $5.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 37856 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.