QAN 5.34% $6.71 qantas airways limited

"The baggage handlers bugged me the most, you're not the lowest...

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

"The baggage handlers bugged me the most, you're not the lowest payed workers in Australia and how's Qan going to outsource your job to Asia?"

They are not the lowest paid because they receive penalty rates for working shifts and weekends. Otherwise they would be.

Something most 9 to 5, weekend off people just do not understand.

Shift workers only see their kids and family, half as much as other people, on weekend when most people enjoy barbecue, go to a football game or visit other family members and friends. That is what penalty rates are paid, for, the impact on their lives these people accept.
    Shift workers have lower life expectancy, they are more likely to suffer from cancer and other life threating deceases, fatigue and family breakdowns.

Given half a chance, Joyce would replace full time staff with contractors, like he has done in catering.
    Most of your food is prepared by people on minimum wages, who only work one day a week, because if they worked two, their dole payment would be reduced. They refuse to work even couple hours overtime for that reason.

If you guys think that Qantas is some kind paradise for overpaid employees, I suggest you find someone who actually works there and I mean works -, do stuff. You will quickly discover there is no fat except on managements waists. There is more managers than workers now, they breed like locusts and consume profits even faster.

Joyce did what unions did not want to do, enforcing the old-fashioned strike, shutting down the airline.

As senator Xenofone said, Qantas has militant management, not unions. They have destroyed all the other unions and want to kill dead the remaining three in one decisive battle to the last shareholders penny.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.71
Change
0.340(5.34%)
Mkt cap ! $10.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.49 $6.79 $6.48 $141.5M 21.22M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2060 $6.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.72 99248 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.