QAN 0.65% $6.22 qantas airways limited

So Al (Chainsaw Dunlap) Joyce needs "incentive payments" to rock...

1. 125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    So Al (Chainsaw Dunlap) Joyce needs "incentive payments" to rock up to work each day does he? Anybody else, apart from the other corporates out there, getting incentives to go to work? I'm damn sure Qantas workers aren't. In fact like many workers today they probably haven't had a pay increase in 10 years.

And before somebody tells me of the huge responsibilities these corporates take on that justifies their sickening pay packets then let me remind you that they themselves are only employees of the company, nothing more, nothing less and should be pay-scaled accordingly.

I have particular sympathy for the highly skilled Qantas engineers seeing their good work eroded by shonky cheap overseas labour. Imagine how maintenance worker's morale must be affected by planes constantly having regular "incidents" that we hear of nowadays. I can remember a time when you would never hear a negative word spoken about Qantas' mechanical and safety record.

These tactics of Joyce are just another example of corporate stripping of skills, remuneration and pride which is like a cancer spreading throughout the developed world leaving behind a vacuous workforce with little incentive.

Bottom line is "its not always about the money to some people" and that's what a segment of this strike is about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.040(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $10.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.24 $6.27 $6.21 $32.52M 5.216M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 90466 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.23 1669 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.23
  Change
0.040 ( 1.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.23 $6.27 $6.21 1434271
Last updated 15.59pm 06/06/2024 ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.