QAN 1.13% $7.13 qantas airways limited

I’m recently returned from European and Asian trips traveling on...

1. 333 Posts.

I’m recently returned from European and Asian trips traveling on Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines and Easy Jet, fortunately in hind sight only one leg was on a Qantas aircraft.

In my opinion Easy Jet just edged Qantas out of bottom position because they don’t have seating allocation although I only used Easy Jet on short hop journeys the attitude of the Easy Jet cabin crew put Qantas in the shade as did the others.

I want to use Qantas but not at a significant price and service disadvantage to its competitors, I want to see Qantas compete successfully against the world’s airlines in both the full fair and discount markets but to do that they must keep costs under control and in line with international competition.

I vividly remember watching the TV news in the 70’s for the nightly strike report when under Labour the Unions ran the country and through cost pressure drove a lot of manufacturing off shore, sadly under our current Green Labour Government I feel it’s happening again.

I fully support Alan Joyce his timing in grounding all flights at the height of CHOGM due to unpredictable union action is priceless he should be leading our country instead of that Green-Union- Independent puppet we currently have.

Management are paid to manage and given the current situation I agree with plans to move Qantas off shore however even if the low cost Asian venture succeeds I can’t help thinking that Qantas as we currently know it is going the way of Ansett

I didn’t participate in the QAN float but remember the responsible member at the time saying something like “maybe this is as good as it gets”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.