QAN 4.93% $5.78 qantas airways limited

joyce grounds qantas flights immediately, page-200

1. 598 Posts.
    Spot on there Poyndexter!!

When will people understand that QANTAS is well within it's rights to "asianise" the company. If I were Joyce, I would do everything in my power to ensure the companies survival. If that meant 1000 jobs lost, which a lot of people don't realise are already covered by VOLUNTARY redundancies, so be it.

If they didn't cut down their costs, well, there would be more than 1000 job losses. Almost 35000 employed worldwide. What's better, a couple of thousand lost, or, the whole company?

Ever since the government opened up Australia to low cost carriers, that put a knife in QANTAS' side. How are they supposed to compete internationally when you have low cost budget airlines flying in and out of Australia on "asian" bracketed incomes? Even some of the big airlines like Etihad pay their staff well below that of QANTAS staff. You just can't compete.

Dick Smith(entrepreneur, businessman, aviator and political activist) said it best.... "If I were CEO, I would've shut down QANTAS International 3 years ago!"

Just my two bobs..

Ads

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.