QAN 5.34% $6.71 qantas airways limited

Just to add to my previous post, re contractors, Joyce...

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Just to add to my previous post, re contractors, Joyce outsourced half of Qantas already, it seems. It is even worse than I thought.

From SMH newspaper, link bellow.

"Qantas was extremely close to signing a breakthrough agreement with the Transport Workers Union at the end of last week. Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce and TWU boss Tony Sheldon were personally negotiating the final elements of what looked like a deal, and sources say big hurdles on pay and conditions had been cleared, in principle at least.

Only one big outstanding issue remained: a union claim that non-Qantas contractors be included in the enterprise bargain with Qantas TWU employees, including baggage handlers, ground staff, catering and freight employees. Joyce told Sheldon that the demand could not be legally met under the terms of the Fair Work Act - and he maintained that the rest of Qantas's offer would be taken off the table if the TWU did not sign off."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/deal-or-no-deal-joyce-rolls-the-dice-20111030-1mq52.html#ixzz1cFLD0xnl

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.71
Change
0.340(5.34%)
Mkt cap ! $10.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.49 $6.79 $6.48 $141.5M 21.22M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2060 $6.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.72 99248 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.