QAN 0.00% $6.01 qantas airways limited

joyce grounds qantas flights immediately, page-275

1. 16 Posts.
    Why do you say Qantas will be double the cost? I have flown from Indonesia to Australia on Qantas at a price which was competitive to the local Indonesian carriers or other full service operators out of here. What you pay for on Qantas is a full service carrier so it should be more expensive. I can tell you I have experienced both - full service and no service (low cost carrier). For me the difference is very very noticeable and worth the additional cost. Which funnily enough is not so different when you add up the cost benefits and value to customer experience. The customer will inevitably vote with their feet.

In the business environment, organisations will enter and exit markets. That is due to being in a free market economy. Luckily in Australia all organisations (in general) experience a level playing field compared to operating in emerging economies for example.

I would say it is not only the unions who have ruined Qantas's reputation, wouldn't you? It take two to tango. It just depends what risk assessment was undertaken to determine the cost/benefit ratio in striking up a deal with the unions or going down the current path Qantas has adopted.

Now we have a system of work place agreements in Australia. Maybe the abattoir at that time was not fortunate to have such leverage when employing people under such agreements. In any case the owner could have opened his books to both the unions and the employees to come to an amicable agreement. I am sure the unions would have viewed the situation otherwise if they knew the company would close causing their members job losses. One would think so anyway.

I still believe a system of performance based incentives is good for everyone. We are now in a competitive world more connected and influenced than ever.

Other may disagree however. An organisation is only an organisation if those investing to start it, those operating it/managing it and the employees and other stakeholders work together in synergy. Otherwise like an organism if it missing some key proteins for example it fails to exist.

Just like an organisation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.01
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.793B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 123059 $7.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.84 7408 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.50am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.