QAN 0.33% $6.05 qantas airways limited

Tasmanet"If I was Allan Joyce and the Board I would onlykeep the...

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Tasmanet

"If I was Allan Joyce and the Board I would only
    keep the A380's and newly refitted 744's in QANTAS
    International and sell all the other old heaps of
    rubbish."

You will be pleased to hear then, that those aircraft types are the ONLY types loss making Qantas International owns, apart from few ancient B767, that are now mainly used as a back up for Qantas domestic services. B767 were meant to be retired ages ago but could not be, because the poor management choice of replacement.

The B787 ordered were still only on the drawing board and suffered huge design problems and subsequent delays. Qantas International will still have to wait another three years for them, since the first delivery of the B787 will go to Jetstar so it can remain cheap and Qantas International can remain expensive and union bashing can continue.
    B767 is a very good plane but consumes much more fuel for same distance and same number of passengers than B787 or Airbus A320.

Most Airbuses are flown by Jetstar, no wonder they can be cheap. It is accounting fiddle to make Qantas International look more expensive.
    Fuel is the main major cost for an airline, not its staff.
    And even though the B767 is now used by Qantas domestic its costs are billed to Qantas International, so it can appear to be loosing money.

Wake up people, Alan Joyce, Leigh Clifford and management are on the ideological warpath to destroy the remaining three unions in one big swoop, so they can subcontract these jobs to lowest bidder and pay themselves millions, before the planes start falling from the sky.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.