QAN 0.80% $7.42 qantas airways limited

joyce is a superstar!, page-34

1. 4,683 Posts.

"Qantas aircraft spares all sold off."

Humm... why have spares when you outsource maintenance?

"747 heavy maint closed and outsourced."

No doubt more cost effective like most outsourcing.

"Engines sold and leased back." "Landing gears sold and leased back."

Inventories cost money to hold. And isn't there tax breaks with leasing? Um.. Yes there is.

"Engine and component maintenance closed and outsourced to inferior overseas facilities, that's why lots of engines fail now."

And it's a business decision. QANTAS accepts the risk / benefit of the cost savings. I mean gone are the days of QANTAS has never had an accident. So nothing to protect now.

"Jetstar created by GD and everything funded by QF, at the detriment to QF international."

Jetstar are a different target market. It's about market share.

"QF routes given to JQ and Qantas international wound down."

Why offer a premium services on routes that nobody is willing to pay? Jetstar flys to Europe do they? No they fly to cheap holiday destinations and short haul Asia business mostly.

Do Jetstar has Airbus A380-800 as well? No they don't and that's because Jetstar isn't the long haul airline Qantas is. If you go to Europe you have money to spend and also other 'senior' carriers to compete against time, comfort and the like.

So as I said WAAAAAY back. You're too close to a passionate subject to be non partial.

I am too lazy to research? Not really. When I have you with first hand experience why would I or anyone go elsewhere?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.