joyce proving he is worth the money, page-10

1. 47,940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    cerhob

Full credit to Alan Joyce & his team for fronting the Senate hearing into last weekend's global airline lockout & until I lost the telecast, for responding professionally while under pressure for hours.

I agree that the questioning & point-scoring by some senators has been ordinary at best. The main offender, Doug Cameron, provided some appropriate 'summaries' & checked with Joyce that those points were accurate but otherwise should hang his head in shame for the ignorance & arrogance he displayed.

Although some important aspects of Qantas' operations were explored due to some excellent questions from senators the most important issues were left unaddressed.

Joyce keeps asserting that union industrial action is undermining Qantas, yet it is not the only airline in the World affected by it.

As a former Qantas passenger I posted 3 years ago my reasons for deserting their ship - in essence its loss of reputation for safety & quality of service that mean it is no longer amongst the world's best.

Senators have failed to pursue Joyce on the root cause of the loss of forward bookings. Nor have they pursued him well enough on the impact his precipitous decision had on either the travelling public, emergency services or dependent businesses.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.