GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Ok, I've read it. Taking the article at face value it would be...

1. gdb
    345 Posts.
    Ok, I've read it. Taking the article at face value it would be hard to argue with the authors analysis.

What I still don't understand is if this manipulation is so blatantly obvious then surely those with knowledge and experience in trading derivatives would just copy what JPMorgan and HSBC do. When JPMorgan and HSBC write short contracts then I can only expect one of tw things to happen:

1. Noone buys them because this fraud is blatantly obvious as claimed by this autjor.
    2. Other parties would write short contracts making it profitable for JPMorgan and HSBC to manipulate the price.

I'm certainly not trying to play devils advocate here. For someone like myself who doesn't totally understand derivatives isn't it completely logically what I'm stating.

It's a free market (excluding the possibility that this manipulation really is real) and whatever one party does, another party is free to copy. Why don't all the other investment banks copy these guys. It doesn't make any sense.

If I came up with a T-shirt design that sold millions of T-shirts, how long do you think it would be before someone copied the idea. A T-shirt design can at least be patented. You can't patent writing short contracts.

When simple logic just doesn't seem to apply then something is wrong, somewhere.

Can anyone tell me, what logical reason stops anyone else copying JPMorgan and HSBC's manipulation of the gold and silver market rendering it unprofitable for these two companies?

Why isn't everone in on the act?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.