ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

haha.Actually Alley, I was just thinking to myself how the...

1. 3,666 Posts.
    haha.

Actually Alley, I was just thinking to myself how the failure of the ETS and CPRS in late 2009 was probably a blessing in disguise for ESG.

The commercial certainty that Origin would have had back then if we had a price on carbon would have enabled them to move on ESG. ESG probably would have already gone up the foodchain if not for Tony Abbott rolling Malcolm Turnbull. And we know that what you get for 219PJ of 2P, and what you get for 988PJ of 2P, and what you get for 2,000-3,000PJ of 2P are very different outcomes - even in a contested situation.

As it was, ESG has been able to book much higher reserves, get data from all three seams, get a viable LNG project of their own lined up. A blessing in disguise. Arrow went, uncontested, but BG held their fire for another target. Another blessing.

Yep, HGO's loss is ESG's gain. Stuff happens, political stuff, weather stuff, technical stuff. More for ESG, less for the David Archer retirement fund.

But, we still have the gas, and you don't! We have the options, you have the commitments. :)

I am REALLY going to enjoy watching you guys battle it out, in the marketplace, and on HC. Like 'Kramer vs Kramer', but in this case, Stooge vs Stooge.

Yaq

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.