Breathe Caramello. Breathe. (A better idea. Let's restart the...

1. 3,064 Posts.
    Breathe Caramello. Breathe. (A better idea. Let's restart the conversation without the unnecessary abuse.)

Have you thought a little harder about why Nokia's results might be so bad? Are you trying to say that the results of Nokia have been a 'good' indication of how the entire industry has been operating under current conditions, despite massive changes in the industry and competition? What I am saying is that Nokia indicates disaster. Many of the other makers will not show up the same dramatic fall (I believe).

Bellweather Nokia was good when they were in a strong position in earlier days, but now I believe they are just large and in a decline due to their product range and marketing (for now). They are seriously weakened in this environment I think. They are as much of a suitable bellweather indicator as GM is to the total auto industry. (ie: Auto is obviously sick, but it is not near death like GM.)

Are you saying Nokia too should remain a suitable bellweather company just because they started operations as a Government owned gum boot maker? Is GM a bellweather too just because it is large, no matter how different it's situation to other makers?

Little bear, stop thinking you are so important. You are just another opinion.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.