IVZ 0.00% 6.9¢ invictus energy ltd

Sintana Energy shareholders are waiting for the results of a...

1. 1,504 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 345
    Sintana Energy shareholders are waiting for the results of a well test in Namibia Offshore. And from there I have copied this text which I like (except the H2S which I do not like, and better to have hydrocarbon gas bubbles instead of air bubbles). Hopefully soon we start the production test in Zimbabwe as well.

"The five moments of truth of a DST in exploration wells.

The first moment of truth is after the DST valve is open, you begin to see air bubbles showing up in a bucket of water that is placed on the rig floor. As the air bubbles become stronger, you know something is coming out from the test interval.

The second moment of truth is when you see the fire at the burner. When you see the flare, it confirms you have found hydrocarbon. (hopefully we can watch the flare with a infrared satellite for wild fires)

The third moment of truth is when we know the flow rates of the hydrocarbon fluids that come out from the well.

The fourth moment of truth is after you have measured the initial bottomhole shut-in pressure and the final shut-in bottomhole pressure. Reservoir engineers will love these two pressures to be about the same. If the final BHSI pressure is much lower than the initial BHSI pressure, it may indicate the reservoir is quite small.

The fifth moment of truth is when you know the fluid composition when you receive the fluid analysis report from the laboratory. This last moment of truth may kill all the prior excitements during a DST.

Finally, perhaps the best moment of truth in a DST is when a difficult and high-risk test, such as testing a high pressure or high H2S well, is completed successfully and safely, and the people involved in the test can leave the rig with a sense of accomplishment."

This article is written by Jamin Djuang, the author of The Story of Oil and Gas: How Oil and Gas Are Explored, Drilled and Produced.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $99.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 7.0¢ 6.8¢ $77.73K 1.123M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9623 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 332852 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.07pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.99 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.9¢ 7.0¢ 6.7¢ 715681
Last updated 13.27pm 14/05/2024 ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.