BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

JS on Smart Investor (video interview), page-3

1. 181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    I just watched the whole video.

Firstly, JS seems like a really nice and approachable person, this seems to be the complete opposite of the narrative of his articles. Maybe the editor took control of that aspect.

I get the impression he was just trying to provide an extensive understanding of the company and how it operates.

I would have liked to watch live and ask a few questions.

I'm not saying by any means that JS was aware of short positions being taken or he knew about it but by him poking his nose in and bringing it to other peoples attention by doing his extensive research, people that know how to take advantage of whats coming would have been rubbing their hands together.

He initially brushed off the shorting on the Monday before the first AFR article RE the finance arrangement and stated before publishing had spoke with investment firms and analysts in the tech space for opinions.

Later when the shorting spike was raised again he stated it wasnt him as he only thought about writing the article on the Tuesday of that week.

So, if that is the case on one Tuesday he wakes up and decides he will do a detailed analysis of BIG and how it operates. He speaks with investment firms and analysts in that space to get an understanding of the sector. He has also already sent an email to BIG (they didnt reply within 48 hours as he has stated before article went public). So, lets say by 10am Tuesday he has already compiled enough information to send an email to BIG and due to no response publishes the article Thursday night online and hard copy Friday.

I am picturing a really really busy 48 hours for JS and his team.

My conspiracy theory is, and I think its a little more logical, he spoke with investment firms the prior week and obviously highlighted to them that some aspects seemed a little unconventional. The sharp suits at those investment firms know that an article that will spook the market with negative sentiment is coming and a short position is a 'good bet'

It would be great if he would name the people / firms he spoke to for comment.

Plus the ownership matters report....wouldn't it take a few days to prepare what they provided...whoever found that out there knowing it was going to an AFR journo would see the writing on the wall...short = easy money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.